Sunday, May 2, 2010

Happy Sunday!

Mothers Day is next Sunday!  This will be my first official Mothers Day, and even though it is a silly commercial holiday, I am a little bit excited.  I would love to have a brunch with my mom.....along with some type of jewelry, since I don't have not even one diamond or gemstone.  Isn't that kind of sad?  I am not pressed for diamonds really (I even want a lab created if I ever get engaged), but I do want just a dressy necklace, every girl should have one!  I recently discovered the gem stone green amethyst, and fell in love.

But being a Mom isn't about getting spoiled on Mothers Day, is it?  For some it may be, but for me it will be a day of appreciating my Mom, reminiscing and now understanding so many things I hadn't before.  I am pretty excited.  What are you going to get your Mom for Mothers Day?  Some ideas:

- Massage gift card
- A lovely picture frame with a nice picture in it (Homegoods has beautiful frames, Target has nice ones too!)
- Make a brunch and put some type of pretty/different flowers on the table:
- Pedicure/Manicure (kinda unoriginal, but I'm sure she'll still appreciate it)
- A coupon that you will come clean the kitchen, bedroom, etc.
- Bonsai Tree

There are many little things you could do for your Mom, she'll probably love a sappy card too.  So, enjoy your Sunday, think of what you may get for next Sunday if you haven't already!

P.S. Macy's is having the family and friends sale, today is the last day to get 25% off everything online and in-store. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment