Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Fall Into Style Part 1

Since as far back as I can remember, I have loved everything about fall.  The scent, the foliage, the pumpkin spice everything, I would get excited for school, and as I got older, more and more excited and appreciative for fall fashion.

Now don't get me wrong, I am not completely trendy, I am more of a classic girl.  I may follow trends sometimes, but I keep true to myself and usually look for pieces that I will be able to wear for seasons to come.  Usually when something is totally "the thing" (hello boots wit da fuurrrrr), I might be repulsed by the idea (sometimes not though, seeing as I splurged during the Nordstrom Anniversary sale to get the sweater Uggs).  And believe you me, I totally have a lot to make up for, since I missed last years fashion while Dev was cooking in my belly and I had to wear the same 3 outfits over and over it felt like.

Anyway, a lot of this falls trends are very classical.  Here are just some of the things you will see in a lot of stores!

1.  Sheer/Lace Tops

This top is from Forever 21. (Note: Also, a lot of "capes" and ponchos are in this season, and if they are not your cup of tea like they are not mine, then a top like this would be prefect.)

Also from Forever 21.  This burgundy color as actually very in season this fall as well, especially in velvet fabric.  Think: nicely cut, burgundy velvet blazer, such a classic piece.

 Tops like these are always "in style."  Another classic piece you can wear to work, to the mall, or on a date.  Pair it with the leather looking leggings in the above pic, and some booties!

2.   Plaid shirts (again) with tees under them/Stripes/Abstract Patterns

You're gonna see a lot of plaid shirts again this fall.  With plaid shirts, you don't have to be matchy matchy and put a plain colored t-shirt under it, necessarily.  And don't be scared to mix patterns- florals and stripes can be mixed as long as it one of them is more subtle than the other, and you have the right colors for example.

Patterned tunics like this are cute too (Forever 21).  If it has buttons down the middle, you can pair it with a tshirt or with a thin belt.  In this case, I might wear dark jeggings, a thin brown belt, and brown ankle boots.

3.  Army Green and Military Jackets

 You will see a lot of army green colored outerwear this season.  A lot of them styled like the one above, while others may have big, gold buttons for a more military look (which is also the trend), or more of a vintage feel with patchwork on them.  

 This military jacket is cute, but because it is paired with that blue color of the jeans, I think it makes it look barf.  Try to see past that and appreciate it's cuteness.

This one I found via google images.  I love that it's part blazer/part military jacket style.  And holy boobs on that model!


Alright folks, this is just a preview of what you will see a lot of this fall.  After Part 2, I might use these pictures to pair them with this or that to give you more ideas and inspiration.  Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment