Thursday, June 3, 2010

Vintage Pics Part 2

Finally, we get to see some more vintage pics!  Let's get to it, shall we?

This isn't so vintage, but probably circa mid 1950s.  This is my Maternal Grandparents wedding.  I am actually impressed with Grandma's dress.  I think it's beautiful and doesn't seem too dated.



A lot of the pictures I have been grabbing these from, are from an envelope that belonged to my Mother's Grandma.  No one knows who this lady is, but she is many photos.  A lot of these pictures also have that backing to it.  Anyway, I think though she isn't that pleasing to the eye, she has a definite unique look to her.  There is another picture similar to this one, with the date 1882 on the back.  I will show you guys that one next time.


I do not know the date of this picture, but I am assuming it is in the early 1900's.  I just found this picture so creepy.  I think the kids belong to the lady in the above photo.  There is another picture of two of the girls, I think they are the same ones, that is a very interesting photo to me, I will show that one next time as well.  Isn't it funny how the big bow was the style back then?  I wonder why in all these old photos, hardly anyone is smiling.  Maybe no one would say "cheese" back then?  (Speaking of cheese, that was cheesy, I know).


This is my favorite out of this set.  I call it, "Brokeback."  I have no idea when this photo was taken, but obviously during the cowboy days.  This is one of my favorite of the batch.  Click on the pic to see details up close.  Are they in a room?  Are they inside or outside?  Tell me what you think...

So that was that for this week, I still have a few that you should be very excited about.  I am OCD with saving the best for last.  Definitely check back next week for some more!

No comments:

Post a Comment