Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Avocado Smoothie

This weekend, I got stuck with some type of throat infection.  It's been awful, as I can still barely eat anything.  I woke up Friday with my throat feeling dry and pretty sore, but I didn't think much of it.  Ever since I got my tonsils out, since I was like 7, I NEVER EVER get any throat problems.  Rarely get a sore throat, rarely get a cough. Saturday morning, woke up with the same dry feeling and just felt awful.  I mean, I didn't have a fever or anything, but because I had been in so much pain by Friday night, I was super dehydrated.


Luckily, Michael made me go to the emergency clinic, and they did a rapid strep test that came out negative.  The doctor barely needed to even look at my throat to tell me it was filled with puss (what?!), and that I had white bumps in it, and that it was super swollen and looked "miserable." I got prescribed some strong antibiotics and prednisone (steroid) for swelling.  Now, its Tuesday and I feel like the white bumps or whatever have gotten worse, I'm still waiting to hear back from the docs.  But the pain scale is def less than Saturday, which is good.

Anyhow, not being able to eat much, I decided it was time to try this avocado smoothie recipe I had been wanting to try.  It's soooooo super yum and very good for you!

All you need is:

- half an avocado
- half a banana
- half a semi peeled apple
- some ice
- splash of milk
- some honey and/or sugar to taste


And the end result:






Super yummy goodness thats very good for you.  Avocado is one of those super foods, you know.  Yum!

sickly, non-makeup wearing me giving it a yummy approval.

I just wish I could fully enjoy this drink without the sweetness hurting my throat.  But, it's totally worth it.
And just for fun, Dev debuting his Toms:



Aren't they so cute?? I love his outfit.  I never knew I could have so much fun with boys clothing.  Glad I learned I can :)


Hope you had a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Not the prettiest color smoothie, BUT I am going to try it asap! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete