Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rainy Day

It has rained non-stop for 24 hours.  I think they said 4-10''.  I don't know the totals as of now, but either way, whatevs.  I love rain.  But the rain is the reason why I wore heels today.  There were so many puddles by my house that flats or sandals wouldn't do me any good, so I threw together a very simple outfit and headed out.


{sephora lipstick: rouge cream line- "decollete 15" ($12)}
p.s. I didn't know where/how else to take any more creative pictures in my house, so the next one is a bit silly.


   {white tank: rue 21 ($4), round earrings: forever21 ($4), New York and Company cardigan: from Gabrielle Brothers ($2), Seven jeans: thrfited ($26), heels: TJ Maxx ($20)}

Check out one of my greatest vintage finds so far, this beautiful bracelet- the pic doesn't do it justice:
{green and yellow bracelet: Salvation Army ($3), elephant necklace: gift}


What is this last cheesy sepia one with the heart you ask?  Why, it's me and Michael's anniversary today! Haha, I am kinda a loser, I know.  Anyway, sometimes the simplest outfits can be the cutest.  None of what I am wearing is trendy, and this outfit could be worn for a casual work day, to the mall, or out for a date.  Perfect.

How could I dress this outfit up a bit?
I'm not going to tell you you can do it by shoes this time, like I normally do.  You could dress this up with a blazer.  Also, instead of a long necklace, a shorter, fuller necklace will not only dress it up, but add a romantic touch. They're usually called 'bib' necklaces (see pics below), and are really easy to find this fall season.  

{each necklace I quickly found on Forever21.com, $6, $12, $14}



Until next time....

And don't forget! Today is the last night of the giveaway! Tomorrow morning I will post the lucky winner!

2 comments:

  1. very cute outfit. happy anniversary! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...inside pictures are soo hard to do. At least I think so... and that bracelet is most definately a thrift score.
    I just wanted to thank you for the really sweet comment you left on my blog. I read it out loud to Matt because it made my day...

    ReplyDelete