Saturday, September 18, 2010

Almost Fall Night

I threw on this outfit before going to the cheesecake factory last night with Michael, Dev, and my-one-day-to-be-sister-in-law, and her husband.  I kept trying on different shoes with the outfit, but they didn't fit my mood (I tried gray ankle boots, red flats, yellow flats, and brown low boots):

{blue sweater: Forever 21 ($8), dress ($14), yellow scarf: ($5)}






So, that's a dress and not a skirt?
Yup, the same dress I wore in one of the first inspirations outfits I've done recently.  I bought the sweater on sale to wear with darker jeans, or leggings.  It was a a little chilly (not chilly enough for a scarf, but it brought the outfit together).  Try throwing on shirts over dresses, or try using a long skirt as a tube top dress with a belt!  These are just some ways to work with what you have in your wardrobe.

What other shoes work with this oufit?
Nude colored or gray colored booties and tights would have been cute, or, red, yellow, or brown flats or oxfords would have worked as well!  Also, brown gladiator sandals.

Are sandals are scarves an ok combo or a bit of an oxymoron?
They are an ok combo these days.  While your boyfriend might make fun of you, just don't listen.  Its even more cute if you are wearing a long sleeved dress, or skinny jeans and a loose flow-y blouse.


Example: AnnaLynn McCord is showing wearing a dress, sandals and a scarf, doesn't it look cute?

1 comment: