Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Products

As promised, I want to go over some recent products that I have bought and tried out.  First off, my favorite store is CVS.  I love trying beauty products.  Whether it's a shampoo, face wash, or make up, I can't wait to get home and do what it do.  If I had a bunch of extra money, I would try things out more often.  Oh, and speaking of the money aspect, almost all my products can be bought at your local drugstore or even grocery store.  However, I would search for coupons, or get them at your local Target or Walmart instead of the grocery store, as prices are always way jacked up when it comes to non-food related items.

So with that in mind, lets get started.


Aveeno Nourish and Condition Leave- In Treatment

 This is from Aveeno's "Nourish and Shine" line.  I spray this on my ends and at the halfway mark between my scalp and ends.  Does that make sense?  Basically, not on or near my scalp ( to avoid potentially greasy hair).  This spray smells amazing.  I usually spray it at night after I have brushed my hair, before I go to bed.  It has made my hair noticeably softer.  Even my hair dresser noticed a difference and had asked me what I was doing differently.  I highly recommend this if you want to keep your ends healthy.  I may even try the shampoo and conditioner next!


L'Oreal Ever Strong Sulfate Free Shampoo and Conditioner

I recently tried this sulfate free shampoo.  If you don't know, many of the shampoos you buy at your regular drug store contain sulfate.  Sulfate is damaging to the hair, and is basically an ingredient used to "make bubbles" for a more clean feeling.  I tried the Reconstruct shampoo (pictured above).  But they have different kinds for different hair, color treated hair, etc. The smell of this shampoo and conditioner is rosemary and juniper.  It has a fresh smell, and smells a tiny bit earthy, but still good.  I love it.  As for the bubbly/lathering feeling when I scrub, it still produced a lot of bubbles/lather...not sure what this means, but I don't mind it.  It's been a long time since I've bought drugstore shampoo and conditioner, and I must say, I am impressed. Oh! And this shampoo is 100% vegan, which is a great plus!


TRESeme Dry Shampoo

I am a huge fan of dry shampoo, and have been before it's big boom recently.  It's not only great for taking away any greasy looking hair, or smell, but it's also great for teasing and giving your hair texture and volume.  I used to buy this one brand called S &G or something? I'll have to get back to you, but that was the only one I could find.  Until recently, when TRESemme made their "Fresh Start" line.  I have tried the other products in the line, but I can def say that the dry shampoo can do wonders for your hair, and smells great too.  Besides, it's not good to wash your hair everyday!


Oil of Olay Tone Enriching Ribbons Body Wash
 
I tried this body wash a while back and LOVED it.  You can definitely feel the moisture when you are rinsing off.  Some people may not like that feeling, but I definitely appreciate it.  It smelled great too.  As for the "ribbons," I didn't see them, but I sure felt the difference. 

I used it all up and ran out- so when I went to get a replacement, I figured the Oil of Olay Silk Whimsy would be the same thing:

I was wrong.  While it smells great, and has a nice lather, it definitely is not as moisturizing.  I never use just body wash anyway.  I always use dove soap first, and then use a body wash.  So I can definitely appreciate the extra moisture, and I guess that's why I like the first one better.  Oh well! Next time.


Jergens Natural Glow

 I think I have raved about Jergens Natural Glow before.  I have been proudly using it for a year now.  And in the cold winter month of January this past year, I actually did not want to kill myself when looking at a photo of how pale I really was.  I always hated seeing my birthday pics (my bday is in January), because I always looked like casper, and not just pale, but like an ugly pale.  Trust me, it wasn't a good look.  Now don't get me wrong, it wasn't like it made THAT VAST of a difference in those months, I didn't look like I frequented the tanning beds or anything.  I just looked more like normal people.  Anyhow, I really love Jergens, it doesn't smell weird, it doesn't look fake, it doesn't leave some weird residue that comes off on your clothes. I absolutely love it.  And, it works even better when you do have a little bit of a tan.  Give it a shot! I was hesitant at first, but it's well worth it.


Secret Scent Expressions Cocoa Butter Kiss

 I'm kinda picky when it comes to deodorants because I hate the weird smell some give when you do end up sweating.  I want to love the dove deodorants, but my body just doesn't mix well with them.  When I discovered this scent expressions cocoa butter, I was very pleased with the very mild smell.  It's almost vanilla-y.  And they do have a vanilla too.  It lasts long, it's not too strong, and it works for me.


Clinique Liquid Facial Soap

I once sampled this face-wash from the Sephora samples I had gotten, and I loved it.  It felt so thick and nice on my face.  When I washed it off, my face felt so soft.  I think it's definitely gentle enough for sensitive skin.  It doesn't really have a smell to it, but it just feels super nice.  Now, I don't use it daily, because sometimes I like using a bit of a harsher face wash, one with beads or one that gives that tingly, clean feeling, especially in the summer months.  But I still stand by this Clinique face-wash, and highly recommend it. If you can somehow obtain a free sample (google it!), definitely try it.


Essie Nail polishes

 Last but not least, just a personal picture of a couple Essie nail polishes I picked up at my local CVS.   Yes folks, CVS now offers Essie nail polishes!  I was super syced, as I love Essies variety of colors. I particularly loved these two colors.  I don't have the names with me, but I will update later.  For those who don't know, a lot of OPI freaks love Essie as well, so don't be so quick to turn your nose ;p


So that's all! Do you have any favorite products you'd like to share?  Have you tried any of the above?  I'm always down to try something new, so let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment