Sunday, February 28, 2010

One of My Favorite Places to Shop (for clothes)...

I am not one to spend a lot of money on any one item, unless I have no choice, like with electronics for example.  Thus, when I shop for clothes, I always gotta find deals with name brands, or else I just shop at stores like H&M or Forever21.  But let me tell you about one of my favorite places.  Ever been to Rugged Wearhouse?  Well, it's not there, but it's the sister company, it's called Gabriel Brothers .  It's about 1.5 hours away from me (in Winchester, VA), but it's been totally worth it every time I go, AND it makes for a good road trip!  I always get a ton of cute clothes for extremely cheap there.  They have everything from housewares (sans furniture), tons of clothes for all ages and sizes, lots of shoes, accessories and even snack packs.  I used to get hesitant about going cuz of the long haul, but it has never disappointed me, I've always left with plenty.  One thing to keep in mind though, is that you gotta make sure the stuff isn't ripped or stained.

Since I just got my tax return and paid off all my debt, I figured why not treat myself to some clothes?  After all, I am still not back to my old size, so the old clothes don't all fit.  I just want to give you an idea of the prices, and show you some pictures.  Note: normally my pictures are at least a little bit more professional looking, but I'm allowed to have a ghetto picture once in a while, right? I got 5 shirts, 2 cardigans, 2 named brand jeans, 2 casual pants, and 3 jackets (one made of all silk) for $100.
(Click on pics to maximize)

From left to right up top, then down:
Jones New York Sweater with cute silver buttons on sleeve $7.99
Jones New York Yellow Cardigan $7.99
Grey T-shirt and White Tank, each $1
First two jeans are J. Brand (usually $180) for $20 each, Two Jones New York pants $9.99 each
Urban Outfitters funky cardigan $9.99
Two striped shirts (one taupe, one red) with pockets (sooo cute!) $12.99 each

Jones New York White Blazer $3
Black Spring Jacket (looks cuter in person and not shiny) $5
Jones New York 100% Silk Jacket $5

This spring silk jacket is my absolute favorite, and for $5?!?!  It has those drawstrings in the back that can make it more form fitting, it has pockets, rolled up sleeves, AND a hood! They had it in yellow, and I loved it too but it wasn't my size.  Even still, I would have picked this one.  I can't wait to wear it!

So, this store was my little secret.  All you label whores now know of somewhere to get them for less.  And if you aren't one but still love fashion or just great deals, now you know my secret too. Enjoy :)

1 comment:

  1. I want to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmm next time you go I would appreciate an invite :)

    ReplyDelete