Thursday, February 18, 2010

Gift Guide #1

HomeGoods has got the goods!  Ok, that sounds cheesy but it's so true!  I really needed a hand-held broom and dustpan to pick up excess litter from the litter box (I can't stand stepping on that stuff!).  So, I decided since HomeGoods has nearly everything, I would take a relaxing trip there with little Dev, my shopping buddy.  I don't know why I do things like this to myself when I have NO money, by the way.  I swear I could decorate a whole house from there....they have everything from furniture, lamps, rugs, decorations, bed/bath stuff, storage solutions, and even nifty kitchen items, all for great prices.  So anyway, I get to the store, I gladly browse every isle, 'ooohing' and 'ahhing' at at least one thing per isle.  Finally I started snapping pictures with my iphone to show Michael either things I wanted, or just interesting things I could blog about which would make for nice gifts (is it sad I think about blogging that much?). So here they are.

I fell in love with this lamp ($25). It's retro yet modern at the same time....I bought it, even though I have nowhere to put it yet.
I really love ceramic designs like this, and I also really love elephants. It was on clearance I think for $8.99.

You know, I have no idea what this is.  But it definitely caught my eye and I thought it was interesting.  Not necessarily something I'd put in my house, but I do kinda like it.  Not sure what the price was but it was on clearance as well.
My next favorite item, a decorative suitcase ($15.99).  They have chests similar to these for cheap as well.  I have a picture box like this I got from here that's the same idea but different pictures. I kinda wanna go back tomorrow and get this.
I am not exactly a fan of this piggy bank, but it did catch my eye. I thought it could make a nice piece for someone.
If you click on the picture, you can see more details of these frames.  I absolutely adore them for a girly bedroom.  The small one has little green rhinestones in different shades ($4.99).  The one behind it has rhinestones, pearls, and a detailed outer layer ($6.99).
I'm not sure what these are called, but it has little pegs under it for a dresser I'm assuming.  I believe people put perfume on top of them.  In my opinion, the detail is gorgeous.  Clearance for $10.00, they had different colors.
On the other side of the store, there's TJ Max.  Of course I gotta browse the clothes and accessories! I was so tempted to buy Dev some, but seeing as I have been doing too much of that lately, I controlled myself.  These shoes definitely caught my eye and I think I may buy them tomorrow ($25).  I believe they are "Madden."

Anyway, HomeGoods and TJ Max are the same thing.  If you can't find a HomeGoods near you but you know of a TJ Max, you will find similar decorative items in the back.  If you can find a HomeGoods, it makes a great place for gift buying! I could write all day about all kinds of more stuff they have.

3 comments:

  1. i lovee that lamp mina!!!! Where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. home goods lol nm I LOVE HOME GOODS!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I love those shoes...Mina I just love your stlye

    ReplyDelete