Friday, October 22, 2010

You Ain't Got No Alibi

I've got this...kids-rhyme(?) stuck in my head for some reason.  The U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi...I won't continue the rest.  Anyway, I was hesitant about this burnt orange cardigan but suprisingly enough, the color looked good and people actually complimented that it was my color.  It always feels good when I get any type of compliment.  I also like to compliment on people, even strangers.  I once read in a book (one of those live-life-this-way small book for a coffee table) a quote that said, "Say 1 nice thing to 5 people everyday", and I always got a feeling of happiness when I read that. 

Anyway, here is an outfit I wore to work yesterday; one of those outfits that make you feel all cute and proud of yourself.:




Do you see the bracelet detail? (note: click on the pic for bigger size) I just love the colors

 None of these pictures capture the prettiest of the cardigans color.  But I wanted you to see the pants colors and shoe detail.  I just thought the shoes brought it together perfectly- with gold, coral and turquoise accessories.  p.s.  coral/burnt orange and a turquoise piece of jewelry = bangin combo


I randomly went out last night and had to change real fast, but I knew I wanted to wear the cardigan still with brown boots.  Also I never go out!  But it was fun to do a spur of the moment thing with a good friend.


Actually, I'm not gonna lie- this picture kinda sucks.  It doesn't do the outfit justice and I just look like a twig, which I don't appreciate.  Never thought I'd do a short shirt, but I actually got it to wear with trousers or harem pants.

Earrings: Forever 21 ($4)
Cardigan: thrifted ($2)
Tank: F21 ($8)
Belly Knit Tee: thrifted ($2)
Leopard Belt: F21 ($5)
J Brand Jeans: Gabriel Brothers ($20)
Gray Flats: Old Navy ($20)
Brown Boots: Steve Madden ($40)

Alright folks, tomorrow is Friday!  Hopefully I'll post tomorrow or Saturday.  Anybody have any ideas of something they'd like to see? I haven't forgotten about how leggings can be worn, or the cuteie who asked me to help them find cheaper cat glasses, last the guy fav outfit I can't wait to blow about.  Those posts will be all next week, so anybody have two more ideas for one a day?  Any ideas of anything specific or advice? Don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment